Mindfulness for 7 – 11 year olds
Covid 19 Update: I am currently offering online sessions until it is safe to meet in person. Please do get in touch if you have questions about how online sessions could work for your child.
The Paws.b mindfulness course was created by the Mindfulness in Schools Project. It is a course specifically designed to offer mindfulness for younger children.
The course consists of:
- 6 x 50 minute sessions
- course handbook
- audio recordings of the mindfulness exercises
Each of the six sessions is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation using striking visuals, film clips, animations and activities to enable your child to understand how mindfulness can help them to train their minds to concentrate better, make good choices and do their best.
The mindfulness exercises that your child will learn will give her/him simple, practical resources to use at home, in school and in life generally.
What are the benefits of mindfulness?
The course can help your child to:
- experience greater well-being (e.g. feel happier, calmer, more fulfilled)
- fulfill their potential and pursue their own goals
- improve their concentration and focus, in classes, in exams and tests, on the sports field, when playing games
- work with difficult mental states such anxious thoughts and low moods
- cope with the everyday stresses and strains of life such as exams, relationships, sleep problems, family issues
The Mindfulness in Schools Project has collected impact data from 2486 pupils and 113 teachers who have experienced the Paws.b course with the following outcomes:
- 100% of teachers reported Paws.b supported pupils with emotional ‘wobbles’
- 96% of teachers reported that pupils found Paws.b useful
- 98% of teachers would recommend Paws.b to colleagues
Please do get in touch to find out more about how mindfulness could benefit your child. I’m very happy to chat in more detail about the course and mindfulness for children in general.